The beginning...

Can you picture it?  The one by one by one dirty, nitty gritty, love relationships that Jesus formed?  The GRUNT work that this man-who-was-God did with intentional grace.  Tearing down walls, peering behind the veils, lifting away the masks until all that was left was bare, raw truth... and loving what was there.  Seeing the potential in the broken pieces.  The worth.  The value.  The possibilities.


Leaving people changed.
Changed in such a way that there was no choice but to respond.

Can you imagine it the way it was then?


Can you imagine the sheer joy of the creation of Jesus?  The glory?


For you created my inmost being;
                the creation... of Jesus...
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
                a King... in the womb of a young girl...
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
                God... born of a virgin...
your works are wonderful,
                the fulfillment of a plan born before time...
I know that full well.
                the wonder of a God with that much love...
My frame was not hidden from you
                 the vulnerability...
when I was made in the secret place.
                 the power...
When I was woven together
                 the marvel of the creation of the body of God...
in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
                  the shape of His nose.... the color of His eyes...
All the days ordained for me
                  the perfectly ordered steps...
were written in your book
                  the prophecies... the unbroken Promise...
before one of them came to be
                  the creation of the King...

How could we grasp it?
How can we bear it?

A love so deep it brings us to our knees...  out of ourselves and into Him...  to that place past a get out of hell free card and into the only relationship worth anything.

And He's coming back!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

To unlearn a lifetime...

I'd rather speak honestly...