More of the same...

A new start.
    more of the same...
A fresh slate.
       more of the same...
A blank page.
           more of the same...


Don't misunderstand me.  I cannot deny this God who gives new starts and fresh slates and new mercies moment by moment.


I cannot deny His power that called this hopeless wretch out of a Walmart parking lot and into the LIGHT OF HIS LOVE.  He's a God who changes and restores and takes my brokenness and makes something beyond new.  Something wholly different... something striving for holy...

I watch others celebrate a new year and a new season.  And my heart is singing with them.  God, You are holy, and You are doing a new thing, and You are wise, and You are good, and I trust You.  

But my heart knows...


for me it is more of the same.  One twitch of a number... a one turns to a two.  And God tells me... more of the same.

I expect that more numbers will change.  24 to 25.  I expect that names will change.  Ramsey to Estabrook.  I expect that life will change.  Younger to older.  Single to married.  Fiancee to wife.  (A post for another day.)

But for today a promise:  I AM.

   I AM the Alpha and the Omega.  I AM the First and the Last.  I AM the Beginning and the End.

I AM more of the same that I have always been.  I AM more.  I AM the same.

And I AM more of the same for you.

I know what this calling is.  I know there will not not be enough sleep.  I know that there are not enough knee pads... not enough tissues... and that I do not have enough strength.

Oh, but He promises more of the same that He has given me... more of the same love that fills me... more of the same endurance... more of the same strength...

So thankful for a God who changes us... and a God who remains unchanged...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

To unlearn a lifetime...

I'd rather speak honestly...