Laying down my loyalty...

"Sometimes I think this is what Heaven will look like," he says from across the lake.  In the darkness, I imagine his arm makes a sweeping gesture I have seen before...  fingers extended to pass across the air in front the Body of Christ.  I can feel the Sword in his hand, dividing soul and spirit...  

And for a second, I think I can see what he means.  I think I can see what He means.

What Heaven might look like.

A host of us gathered before the throne... One nation under God.

One nation.  Under God.

Citizenship.
Can I even fathom that?

I have to take stock of my heart... 
to seek Truth... to find humility.

Because I am cut in half.
Flesh/Spirit.  Bone/Marrow.
Divided.

Where does my loyalty lie?

Whose banner do I stand under?

I have to take an honest evaluation, not of the answer I want to give... but of the truth of the matter.

Could I lay down my personal freedom if it meant another would walk in eternal freedom?

Could I lay down my stake in this country if it meant someone else could have a stake in Heaven?

Could I lay down my politics for the sake of relationships?

Could I...?

Where does my loyalty lie?

Clumps of people gathered to show the love of Christ to a generation of young men heaven-bent on becoming mighty men of God.

From across the lake, He sets a fire in my soul with a smile.

"Sometimes I think this is what Heaven will look like."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

To unlearn a lifetime...

I'd rather speak honestly...