Losing my religion...

This woman stood up in a high school auditorium...

and it was like she spilled all of my secret thoughts to six hundred women.

She's so chill.  I'm not even kidding.  She let me hug her.  

And at the end of this conference that we had in a local school where she spilled all of my secrets and people took off their shoes to give to the homeless and women loaded up canned goods for missions and two foundations took home ALL of the money raised over the weekend to care for orphans here in the U.S. and there in Africa...

all I can do is build an altar with the rubble in my heart...

and slide my yes card slowly across the table.
(face down so my husband can't read it.)  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

To unlearn a lifetime...

I'd rather speak honestly...