Here. In the secret place...

It was quiet in my mind that first time.  Peaceful.  Sorta like this:









It changes.  Sometimes we meet here:











Or here:












(If you're wondering, I get the chair on the left because I'm His favorite.)

 Once we met here:












But then He remembered who He was dealing with, and we met here instead:

















(It's like He knows me or something.)

Tonight we're meeting in my current favorite place:

The last few days have knocked me to my knees.  Thankfully, that's right where I needed to be.  See, I have a litany of things to discuss, and this might take a while.  I'm not going to feel better until I get this off my chest, and He's pretty patient about that kind of thing. 

A friend reminded me tonight that He desires truth in the innermost being... and it's in the hidden places... the secret place... that He will make me know wisdom...

Wisdom... which is first of all is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 

It's impossible to be around Him for any extended amount of time and leave the way I came. 

Plus, He's got this perfect foot motion that sets the swing at just the right speed.  It's unreal.

Maybe you also need some time in the secret place tonight?  A changed heart... changed attitude... changed mind?  Some refreshment?  Some peace?  Some time to tell Him how good and kind and loving He is?

He's waiting on the front porch swing.

 As ever, a song from my heart to yours...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

To unlearn a lifetime...

I'd rather speak honestly...