Like a Hurricane...

I marvel at Your power, Lord.  I am in awe of what You can do.  I love and fear the work of Your hands.

I ache for the people displaced from their homes.  I pray for peace and love and mercy on the East Coast.

And every time I turn on the news, I see what You're doing in my heart.

I watch people run from what You are capable of, and I know the pull and stretch of those muscles.  I see boarded up shops, and I feel the hammer in my hand nailing boards over the doors of my heart.  I look at the people lined up watching the water from a safe place... curious and awed... envious of those who are brave enough to get a front-seat view.   I have felt your ocean rising up over my feet... and I have pulled them out of the water.

I can feel the brewing of a storm.

I'm not running this time.

Father, I will meet You on my knees in this city in my heart .  You correct, chasten, discipline, scourge those You love.  I know that it's a good work.

The depth of Your love... it astounds me.

I'm ready for what You have... whatever that looks like. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

To unlearn a lifetime...

I'd rather speak honestly...